It’s that time of year we all typically clean closets, attics, garages and other storage spaces. But why don’t we do the same thing for our minds? Whether you have a daily stressor that makes life difficult or are carrying some emotional baggage you want to toss, there are tools to help.
- Meditation – sometimes we need a bit of peace and quiet. Meditation has a proven positive effect on mental clarity. Download a meditation app to help take your mind to a calm and relaxing place. Some meditation apps available on the App Store® or Google Play™ are Headspace, Calm, and Unplug.*
- Yoga – stretching for as little as 10 minutes a day can relieve anxiety, improve concentration and provide a sense of peace.
- Walking – a quick brisk walk can increase your breathing and help clear your mind.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – if your company provides an EAP program, take advantage. The EAP can help you take care of everyday activities and provide advice for everything from finding day care to connecting with a financial advisor.
- Online Therapy Apps – therapy has never been more accessible. You can choose from a great variety of apps to connect with a therapist or counselor instantly. Some therapy apps available on the App Store or Google Play are Betterhelp, ReGain, and Cerebral.*
* The cost of some apps may be covered by your medical plan. Check with your provider to see what apps are covered.