1. Enjoy some dark chocolate-covered strawberries.
Why? This classic Valentine’s Day treat looks great, tastes even better, and is packed with vitamins and minerals that are good for you:
• Dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) has flavonoids, antioxidants, iron, copper, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium.
• Strawberries have Vitamin C, manganese, folate, potassium, and fiber.
2. Get peppy with a post-work café au lait to make it through a longer-than-usual Monday night.
Why? It’s a delicious, low-key homage to the City of Love and Valentine’s Day 2022 is a Monday. All you need to mix in a beautiful mug are:
• Equal parts French press or brewed coffee and hot milk.
• Raw sugar to taste.
3. Show physical affection.
Why? A hug, kiss or handholding from someone you love or care about is a surefire way to get a cuddle hormone (oxytocin) boost and make the day better. If you’re on your own today, try a hot shower or bath to relax your muscles.
4. Commit to being healthy in 2022.
Why? The Lunar New Year was only two weeks ago. Schedule no-cost preventive care appointments for yourself and encourage loved ones to do the same. These include a no-cost annual physical and dental and vision checkups.
5. Relax with a Headspace meditation session.
Why? Even three to five minutes can be enough to transition from a hectic commute to a fun Monday night (or a fun Monday night to bedtime).
6. Watch something fun or romantic on Netflix.
Why? A cozy Monday never hurt anybody. Here are some ideas on what to catch tonight:
• Some episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender — This cartoon series has adventure, jokes galore, friendship, romance, and heart.
• Atlantics — This moving 2019 film brings to life an epic love story that’ll be hard to forget.
7. Make a good-times short video with pictures of you and your friends or special someone.
Why? It worked great for Ben Affleck as a Valentine’s Day gift for J.Lo.